Dock Duty APPLY NOW
The Ottawa River Canoe Club (ORCC) is looking for several enthusiastic people to work as Dock Duty attendants throughout the spring, summer and fall.
The primary responsibilities of Dock Duty staff are to supervise the dock area in the evening and weekends, assist with evening and weekend programs and help ensure the safety of all participants while at the club. In addition, dock duty staff will answer questions from the membership and general public, instruct members how to use the equipment, general cleaning of the facility, and helping staff where necessary.
- 15 years old
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check (if over 18 years; 2 personal references if under 18)
- First Aid, CPR-C and AED Certified by start date
- Ontario Pleasure Craft Operators Card
***These can be achieved after applying but must be complete by May 14, 2022
- Previous experience with Sprint Canoe & Kayak, outrigger, recreational canoe and kayak and SUP
- Coaching Association of Canada, National Coaching Certification Program, Community Sport Course for Canoe/ Kayak (Canoe Kids) certification.
- Enthusiasm, willingness to learn, positive attitude.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Answering the phone
- Serve as the point of contact for all public and member inquiries via telephone, and in person
- Assist in Coordination of special events including (Small Swells, Moonlight Paddle, Friday Fun Regatta's, Constance Bay Dragon Boat Festival
- Assist in the coordination of all evening programs including; Paddle All/ Special O, Para Canoe; Kiddie Canoe (4-8 year old program); Dragon Boat; recreational programs and other programming.
- Work with Coaches and members to ensure equipment is safe and acceptable
- Coordinate boat/equipment use with coaches as required and support where needed
- Work collaboratively with the ORCC Club Manager to ensure the facility, equipment, docks, washrooms, grass are in a clean, safe working order
- Ensure proper signage is present around club identifying any hazards
- **Supervise the dock area**
- Help members to and from the water with boats
- Instruct members how to properly use and take care of paddles and boats
- Ensure members have the proper qualifications/knowledge for the boats they are using
- Point of contact on land for emergency situations
- Close up the club at the end of night
Applicants should be available for a minimum of 2 shifts per week between May 22 and October 9th. Some flexibility is available for applicants who may be returning to University in the fall.
Shifts are 5:30 to 8:30, Monday to Friday; Weekends 9am-2pm
Successful applicants will be required to attend a staff training day on Saturday and/or Sunday May 14th and 15th.
- March 28, 2022
2022-03-28|||1610 Sixth Line Road |||Summer Season||||||OF8r6vPuOKbdD-X0|||PART_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single|||14.25|||||||||true