Dock Duty 2023 APPLY NOW
ORCC was established in 2001, and has a focus on the development of recreational, pre-competitive and competitive athletes of all ages in the disciplines of sprint canoeing, kayaking, surf ski, outrigger, and dragon boat paddling. Youth programs include Canoe Kids Summer Camps, Youth Summer Camps and sprint training programs. Adult programs include masters sprint paddling, surf ski, dragon boat, outrigger, and stand-up paddling (SUP). The club also offers recreational and competitive programs for adults and youth living with a physical (Para) or intellectual (Paddle All) disability. ORCC athletes compete and succeed at the divisional, provincial, national and international levels of competition.
The primary responsibility of dock duty staff is to assist with the day to day running of the club. This includes answering questions from the membership and general public, instructing the members how to use the equipment, ensuring the safety of the members when they are on the water, answering and checking the phone messages, general cleaning of the facility, and helping out staff where necessary.
- 15+ years old
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check (if under 18 years; 2 personal references)
- 1st Aid, CPR-C and AED Certified by start date
- Ontario Pleasure Craft Operators Card by start date
- Previous experience with Sprint Canoe & Kayak, outrigger, recreational
- canoe and kayak and SUP
- Enthusiasm, willingness to learn, positive attitude.
- Outstanding communication, organization collaboration and leadership skills
- Help members to and from the water with boats
- Assist on water programs with getting on and off the water
- Instruct members how to properly use and take care of boats
- Ensure members have the proper qualifications for the boats they are using
- Supervise the dock area
- Point of contact on land for emergency situations
- General cleaning and house keeping duties around the club (empty garbages, clean boat bays, clean office, arrange life jackets and other equipment etc)
- Open the club at the start if the shift; close up the club at the end of night
Term: May 20th to October 8th, 2023
Successful applicants will work 2-3 shifts per week.
- Weekday shifts are from 4:30pm to 8:30pm, Monday to Friday;
- Weekend shifts 9am-3pm.
2023-04-15|||1610 Sixth Line Road |||Summer Season||||||Ggl7a6wZat~iNqau|||OTHER|||CAD|||HOUR|||range||||||15.50|||16.00|||true