Kiddie Canoe 2023
Kiddie Canoe 2023
The ORCC children’s learn-to-paddle evening program is designed for young paddlers aged 5 to 7. If you have a future paddler looking for a fun place to meet friends and learn new skills, then we have the summer evening program for you. Participants can develop their canoe, kayak, SUP, dragon boat, and maybe even outrigger skills!
For this program to run, a minimum enrolment of 5 participants is required, so please recruit a friend to join your little one!
The ORCC will run the program Tuesdays for 8 weeks, from July 4 - August 22, from 17:30 - 18:30.
If you are interested in a Kiddie Canoe session on Thursday evenings or Saturday mornings, please let us know by filling out THIS expression of interest form. There is no guarantee that we will add these sessions, but if there is enough interest, we may do so.
**N.B. - “The ORCC reserves the right to refuse admission or cancel registrations in the programs at its discretion.”
***If the camp is sold out, scroll to the bottom of the page to fill out our waitlist form
- Tuesdays: July 4 - August 22
- 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Guardians will check-in with the coach at the long white tent in the main club area. Click HERE to see an image of the meeting spot.
- Due to the young age of the participants, guardians are asked to stay on site (but not participate)
What to Bring
- Government Approved PFD (if you have one)
- UV resistant clothing
- Change of clothes & plastic bag to put wet clothes in
- Bathing suit & towel
- Running shoes & water shoes (watershoes of some sort are necessary as we have a rocky shoreline)
- Hat, spray on sunscreen & insect repellent
Appropriate Watershoes: These may include crocs, watershoes, waterproof sandals such as keens or any other shoe that can be worn in water. Flip-flops are not a viable option.
Safety: Our Number One Priority
- No participant will be turned away due to swim ability as ALL participants, regardless of swim ability, are required to wear a Government of Canada Approved Personal Flotation Device (PFD) while on or near the water.
Coach to Participant ratio
- 1:5 Ratio allows for close supervision of participants
Credit Card & Cancellation Policy
Credit Card Policy
- ORCC offers a variety of payment methods such as e-transfer, credit card, and PayPal. However, credit card/PayPal transactions cost the club thousands of dollars every year. In an effort to keep program pricing reasonable, we ask those participants who wish to pay by credit card or PayPal to ensure you also pay the credit card/PayPal convenience fee to help offset the costs to the club. No convenience fee is charged for electronic transfers to email@example.com
Please be aware of the ORCC Cancellation Policy:
- Program registration cancellations which are received two weeks prior to the start of the program will receive a full refund less the $15 non-refundable administration fee.
- No refunds are available within two weeks of the start of the program or once the program has started; a prorated credit only will be issued.
- In the case of injury or illness, a medical certificate may be required, and refunds will only be offered as camp fee prorated credit to be used for a future ORCC camp or program registration.