I CAN Paddle
I CAN Paddle
Are you a newly arrived refugee or immigrant to Canada? Interested in learning how to paddle...one of the most iconic Canadian activities?!
Thanks to the continued support of the Ottawa Sport Council, the ORCC invites you to join us this summer on Thursday nights and develop your paddling skills in a canoe, kayak, Stand-Up Paddle Board, dragon boat, and maybe even a racing boat near the end of the summer! No experience or equipment is required. We start at the basics so no worries. Lifejackets must be worn at all times on the water so you do not need to be able to swim.
- This program is intended for new arrivals to Canada
- All ages are welcome - we strongly encourage families and youth to attend as this is a great activity to do with family and friends!
- Thursdays: July 7 - August 11
- 6:15 PM - 7:45 PM
- Ottawa River Canoe Club
- 1610 Sixth Line Road
- While OC Transpo does not reach the ORCC, a shuttle bus will be available courtesy of Roxborough Bus Lines that will leave from the Eagleson Park and Ride at 17:55 (5:55 PM) on Thursday evenings and will return attendees back to the Park and Ride at 20:00 (8:00 PM).
- Pick-Up: Eagleson Park and Ride at 17:55
- Returning to Eagleson Park and Ride at 20:00
- Parking is available onsite so you are more than welcome to drive to the ORCC and park there.
What to Bring:
- You must have shoes that you can wear into the water. Our shoreline is rocky and so not having shoes can be very uncomfortable when getting in or out of the water.
- Change of clothes incase you get wet - we have changerooms you can use
- You are welcome to bring your own lifejacket but we have many if you don't already have one.
Credit Card & Cancellation Policy
Credit Card Policy
- ORCC offers a variety of payment methods such as e-transfer, credit card, and PayPal. However, credit card/PayPal transactions cost the club thousands of dollars every year. In an effort to keep program pricing reasonable, we ask those participants who wish to pay by credit card or PayPal to ensure you also pay the credit card/PayPal convenience fee to help offset the costs to the club. No convenience fee is charged for electronic transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware of the ORCC Cancellation Policy:
- Program registration cancellations which are received two weeks prior to the start of the program will receive a full refund less the $15 non-refundable administration fee.
- No refunds are available within two weeks of the start of the program or once the program has started; a prorated credit only will be issued.
- In the case of injury or illness, a medical certificate may be required, and refunds will only be offered as camp fee prorated credit to be used for a future ORCC camp or program registration.