ORCC Individual Membership
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
ORCC membership offers tremendous value with excellent facilities and equipment, and programs designed and managed by certified coaches. Paddling at the Ottawa River Canoe Club is a great way to spend the summer – on the water and in the boats!
Costs: $250 Basic Membership + HST + $6 Insurance fee
ORCC Membership Include:
- Use of club facilities and equipment during regular club hours throughout the entire season – from May 21st until October 9th. This includes the use of the skill-appropriate boats, paddles and life-jackets.
- Member registration rates for ORCC programs where applicable.
- Member registration rates to participate in ORCC teams at regional festivals and regattas – guaranteed to be lots of fun! These regattas and festivals are subject to additional registration fees not included in your ORCC membership.
- Member registration rates for select summer camps such as the Intro to Competition Camp
- Bring a guest to ORCC Open House or arrange for an introductory tour. Potential new members are always welcome to try before they buy, and can make arrangements to visit the club by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ORCC has a wide variety of boats available to members. Some boat types do require approval to use and this can be achieved by receiving a boat specific orientation by certified staff and then demonstrating that the member is able to safely and responsibly use the boat. The division of boat types are as follows:
- No Orientation Required
- Recreational Canoes (traditional canoes)
- Recreational Kayaks (sit-on-tops and touring style kayaks)
- Stand-Up Paddle Boards
- Orientation & Demonstration of Proficiency Required
- Sprint Kayaks (ranging from beginner to advanced boats)
- Sprint Canoes
- Outriggers - AKA "OC" (1 person = OC1, 2 person=OC2, and 6 person=OC6)
- Surf Ski's (Great entry boat for adults interested in moving up to more challenging sprint kayaks!)
- It should be noted that the ORCC does not expect members to demonstrate that they are 'pros' in these boats. Simply, the member must be able to know what to do incase of emergencies and how to avoid damaging the equipment. We always encourage members to continue developing their paddling skills and to try new boats and so staff are always more than happy to provide members guidance in their respective boats!
ORCC Dock Duty Hours (Time open to members)
- Monday - Friday: 17:30 - 20:30
- Saturday & Sunday: 09:30 - 14:30
- As part of the ORCC community, all members 11 years of age and older are requested to put volunteer 10 hours of their time to the canoe club. The majority of members far exceed this quota.
- Volunteer opportunities include helping to set-up the canoe club in the spring and put everything away in the fall, volunteering for one of our events such as the ORPC or the ORCC Dragon Boat Festival, facility maintenance, inventory management, boat repair, among many other possible tasks.
ORCC memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Camp or program registration cancellations which are received two weeks prior to the start of the camp or program will receive a full refund less the $50 non-refundable administration fee.
No refunds are available within two weeks of the start of camp or program or once the camp or program has started. In the case of injury or illness, a medical certificate must be provided, and refunds will only be offered as camp fee credits to be used for a future ORCC camp or program registration.
Adding product to your cart