PaddleALL Dragon Boat Team
Every year the ORCC enters a number of teams into the annual Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival (ODBF) which will be taking place over the weekend of June 24 & 25. This year the ORCC hopes to enter at least one PaddleALL crew. If you have a PaddleALL athlete interested in joining the ORCC PaddleALL crew please view the details below prior to registering.
PaddleALL Crew Details
- This year we are offering a pay what you can via donation program fee.
- Suggested donations range from $20 - $45
- Donations can be e-transferred to email@example.com.
- Entry into the Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival from June 22-25, 2023 (racing on June 24-25)
- Two team practices with certified coaches
- Opportunity for top fundraising teams to qualify to race in the Charity Challenge Cup
- Access to free concert series and onsite activities
- Opportunity to compete in various community and corporate divisions
- Team site to hang out between races; decorate to have fun or promote your business/organization
- Invitation for all team members to the Opening Ceremony and Parade of Champions
- Entry into team t-shirt, team site and team spirit competitions
- All equipment provided (boats, paddles, PFDs)
- Food for purchase on the festival grounds
- June 24 & 25, 2023
- All day event
- Friday evenings from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM starting June 2 through to June 23 (the day before the festival)
Accessibility Challenge Cup
Our PaddleALL dragon boat team will be entered into the accessibility community division challenge cup. In this division, teams consist of athletes who have an intellectual disability, as well as their caregivers and supporters.
The Accessibility Challenge Cup was introduced to provide an opportunity for those with a disability, their caregivers, and supporters to experience an amazing day on the water, working together to cross the finish line. A chance to try a new sport and experience a festival filled with live music, a variety of artisans, exhibitors, culinary treats, a children’s area, and non-stop racing.
The Accessibility Challenge Cup races show us the very best of what sport has to offer – hard work, determination, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
Festival Weekend Information
How to Register***
Please follow the following steps to register for the ORCC PaddleALL crew:
- Click the button below to register on the ORCC site.
- You will also be required to register on the ODBF website. Please email keisha.lewis@orcc to receive the special registration link to register in the correct team.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org as we would be more than happy to help.