Ottawa River Paddle Challenge 2023
The Ottawa River Canoe Club is excited to once again host the Ottawa River Paddle Challenge (ORPC)! Taking place on September 9, 2023 participants will have the opportunity to put their paddling skills to the test!
Once again, lunch and race shirts will be provided! We want to thank ColdWater Canoe for their continued support of the ORPC.
September 9, 2023
*Includes event shirt and lunch*
Participants will have the choice to race in three races. You may choose one or more of the following:
- 100 m knockout
- single boat (long distance)
- crew boat (long distance)
Long Distance Race Length
- 12KM Open (all ages): OC, Surfski, Canoe, or Rec Kayak
- 4KM or 8KM Open (all ages): SUP (prone or standing)
- 4KM or 8KM Junior (U15): OC, Surfski, Canoe, or Rec Kayak
Member Pricing Notice
- ORCC members do not pay for boat rentals. For crew boats, rates will be pro-rated for each ORCC member (ex: OC6 crew with 4 members and 2 non-members will only be charged 1/3 of the boat rental cost as members can rent boats for free).
Surfski Rentals (Race Day)
- A limited quantity of Vajda Raptor surfski's will be available for renting on race day
OC Rental (Race Day)
- The ORCC will also have a limited quantity of OC2's, OC4's, and OC6's available for rent
OC4/6 Practice (Prior Sept 9)
- OC teams are invited to rent one of the ORCC's OC4/6's to practice in leading up to race day. Practices can be booked now for as early as May 22, 2023. Click HERE to book your OC practice.
***During registration, you will be able to select whether you would like to rent a boat for race day. Availability is on a first come basis meaning if you would like to rent a boat for race day you should register ASAP to guarantee your rental.
All participant will be provided a racing shirt at check-in.
- Shirt size can only be guaranteed for registrations made prior to August 1st
All participants will be provided lunch.
- There will be vegetarian and gluten free options on a first come first served basis. While we cannot guarantee your preferred option will be available, by registering early and noting your dietary restrictions when registering, we can better plan what dietary restrictions will be in demand.
Check-In 7:00 - 8:00 AM
7:00 AM: Check-in table opens (By portable in the lower parking lot)
8:00 AM: Check-in table closes
Pre-Race Briefing 8:15 AM
8:15 AM: Pre-race information for all participants
Event Start Times
8:30 AM: 100M knockout start - All small craft (all singles)
9:45 AM: Course brief for the long course
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM: Single and crew boat races
2:30 PM: awards
- The schedule will accommodate participation in knockout, single boat race, and crew boat races (i.e., you may race single boat race in am and crew boat in pm or vice versa)
Credit Card & Cancellation Policy
Credit Card Policy
- ORCC offers a variety of payment methods such as e-transfer, credit card, and PayPal. However, credit card/PayPal transactions cost the club thousands of dollars every year. In an effort to keep program pricing reasonable, we ask those participants who wish to pay by credit card or PayPal to ensure you also pay the credit card/PayPal convenience fee to help offset the costs to the club. No convenience fee is charged for electronic transfers to email@example.com
Please be aware of the ORCC Cancellation Policy:
- Program registration cancellations which are received two weeks prior to the start of the program will receive a full refund less the $15 non-refundable administration fee.
- No refunds are available within two weeks of the start of the program or once the program has started; a prorated credit only will be issued.
- In the case of injury or illness, a medical certificate may be required, and refunds will only be offered as camp fee prorated credit to be used for a future ORCC camp or program registration.
How to Register
- Ensure you have an account made on the ORCC website. If you don't have an account, you can create one by clicking HERE.
- Login to your account.
- Click the Register Now button below
- Fill out the registration page
- Continue through the billing and order confirmation page
- You will receive an automated order confirmation email with an order number. If you do not receive this email, you did not complete the registration.
If you have questions regarding the registration field, feel free to watch this 2 minute video walking you through the registration process.
We want to thank our friends over at Coldwater Canoe for once again supporting the annual Ottawa River Paddle Challenge. Click the button below to learn about all things outrigger canoe (OC) and surfski over Coldwater Canoe!
Volunteer for ORPC 2023
We are looking for volunteers to help fill a variety of roles from registration table to safety boat operations. Volunteer hour sheets will be signed for those who request it. More details at the link below.