PRIDE Dragon Boat Team
Every year the ORCC enters a number of teams into the annual Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival (ODBF) which will be taking place over the weekend of June 24 & 25. This year the ORCC is hoping to put together a PRIDE crew showcasing the vibrant 2SLGBTQ+ community living in Ottawa! If you're part of the 2SLGBTQ+ community and interested in competing at the ODBF please view the details below prior to registering.
PRIDE Crew Details
- This year we are offering a pay what you can via donation program fee.
- Suggested donations range from $20 - $45
- Donations can be e-transferred to email@example.com.
- Entry into the Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival from June 22-25, 2023 (racing on June 24-25)
- Four team practices with certified coaches
- Opportunity for top fundraising teams to qualify to race in the Charity Challenge Cup
- Access to free concert series and onsite activities
- Opportunity to compete in various community and corporate divisions
- Team site to hang out between races; decorate to have fun or promote your business/organization
- Invitation for all team members to the Opening Ceremony and Parade of Champions
- Entry into team t-shirt, team site and team spirit competitions
- All equipment provided (boats, paddles, PFDs)
- Food for purchase on the festival grounds
- June 24 & 25, 2023
- All day event
- Thursdays starting June 1 through to June 22 (4 practices)
- 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Note: Practices will occur at the Ottawa River Canoe Club located at 1610 Sixth Line Road. Unfortunately, public transportation is not available.
- Be part of the 2SLGBTQ+ community
- Ready to slay the day!
Festival Weekend Information
How to Register***
Please follow the following steps to register for the ORCC PRIDE crew:
- Click the button below to register on the ORCC site.
- You will also be requested to fill out the ODBF waiver on their website at a later time. More information on this will be communicated to you by the ORCC.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org as we would be more than happy to help.