Private and Semi-Private/Family Lessons (Canoe, Kayak, SUP)
The ORCC offers a variety of lessons for those who prefer a more one-on-one environment for instruction. These lessons are designed for individuals who want a private lesson as well as those who would like to attend with family or friends (2+ participants).
Participants can choose what type of watercraft they want instruction in; canoe, kayak, or stand-up paddleboard (SUP). Our private lessons generally run between 90 minutes and 3 hours depending on participant progress and energy levels. All of our private lessons times are selected by the participant through our booking system.
A more detailed comparison of the lessons can be seen below:Family / Semi-Private lesson (Canoe / Kayak / SUP)
- $75.00 per person + HST ($50 + HST for members)
- Scheduled round your availability
- 2-3 hours - our goal is for you to get off the water confident with your paddling skills so we are fairly lenient with timing; however, most participants are happy (and/or tired) after 1.5 - 2 hours.
- This is a great option if you want to attend a lesson with friends or family as you can select your preferred time and get a more one on one experience.
- $155.00 + HST ($110 + HST for members)
- Scheduled around your availability
- 1-on-1 instruction
- 2-3 hours - again, this varies on participant progress and energy levels
Click HERE to make your private or semi-private/family lesson.
Once the booking is complete, you ensure you have an account on our website. New accounts can be made HERE. Please note that this is our new website so if you had an account but have not used it since February 01, 2022 then you must create the new account.
In the event a lesson must be cancelled due to poor river conditions, we will reschedule at your soonest availability.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding lessons please email firstname.lastname@example.org as we would be more than happy to address them.
ORCC Credit Card Policy:
ORCC offers a variety of payment methods such as e-transfer, credit card, and PayPal. However, credit card/PayPal transactions cost the club thousands of dollars every year. In an effort to keep program pricing reasonable, we ask those participants who wish to pay by credit card or PayPal to ensure you also pay the credit card/PayPal convenience fee to help offset the costs to the club. No convenience fee is charged for e-transfers to email@example.com
Please be aware of the ORCC Cancellation Policy:
- Program registration cancellations which are received two weeks prior to the start of the program will receive a full refund less the $15 non-refundable administration fee.
- No refunds are available within two weeks of the start of the program/course or once the program/course has started; a prorated credit only will be issued.
**N.B. - “The ORCC reserves the right to refuse admission or cancel registrations in the programs at its discretion.”